Thursday, August 24, 2006

Mini Art










I am not a well known artist. I was married and raised kids for 23 years before I started painting again. I produced a series or study of bamboo, not on canvas or wood, but on drywall.
We are so poor we couldnt afford conventional surfaces, so my significant other cut up a BUNCH
of drywall into decent sizes and said.."Here..paint!" ..and that's what I did.

I produced 7 of them, of which I have posted here...I intend to do at least 4 more, but took a break to paint some mini art..these are currently on auction at ebay...there is a lot of mini art there, trading card size..2 1/2 x 3 1/2 tiny little canvases with the most wonderful art from some very imagninative and brilliant artists. I wanted to see if I could do that too..so I did 7, and put them up for auction. We'll see....

As for my bamboo paintings, I am told I have "brought out the essence of the bamboo", and that my paintings are full of "emotion" and "feel". I am proud of those statements.. I am encouraged to do more. So, here they are.

No comments: